Friday, March 11, 2005

Expert World of Convinience my Ass

Have you ever wondered how true are the claims of your bank? For example, for Metro Bank, "You're in Good Hands". In the case of my bank, it's "Expert World of Convenience". I choose BPI because it has the most number of ATMs in the country and it connects to almost all ATM networks. Convenient right? NOT!!! Today, I experienced one of my banking nightmares. I went to the bank to deposit some money to my BPI account. There were two lanes being serviced that time, the first lane (for gold card holders) and the second lane (for express teller clients). Thinking that I only have to deposit some money, and it would not take too much time (it usually takes 45 seconds to a deposit) so I took the first lane (the lane for the gold card holders which obviously I don't have a gold card coz the line on the second is quite long) so the teller on the gold card lane told me to take the second lane for the express teller clients. Okay that earned one GRRR Level for me but I managed to keep my cool because basically, it's my fault, so with a heavy heart, I took the second lane. I almost exploded in anger when I saw the teller on the first lane entertained a client who doesn't have a gold card. That was an automatic 3 GRRR Levels because first, it was an insult to me, second, it was unprofessional of her to do that and lastly, she broke the rules without even twitching and no trace of guilt whatsoever on her slightly freckled face. It took another 45 minutes before it was finally my turn and I didn’t even spend 1 minute at the teller.

To keep the story short, I spent almost an hour falling in line to get less than 1 minute of service.

Talk about convenience…crap!

No comments: